Dormer Solid Carbide End Mill, 7mm Cut Diameter
- RS Stock No.:
- Mfr. Prt No.:
Legislation and Compliance
RoHS Status: Not Applicable
Statement of Conformity
This statement confirms that the product detailed below complies with the specifications currently published in the RS media and has been subject to the strict quality conditions imposed by RS Components’ internal management systems. Furthermore and where applicable, it confirms that all relevant semiconductor devices have been handled and packed under conditions that meet the administrative and technical requirements of ANSI/ESD S20.20 and EN61340-5-1 electrostatics control standards.
|RS stock number||6666704|
|Product description||Dormer Solid Carbide End Mill, 7mm Cut Diameter|
|Manufacturer / Brand||Dormer|
|Manufacturer part number||S9047.0|
The foregoing information relates to product sold on, or after, the date shown below.
|Date||Jul 5, 2022|
RS Components Pte Ltd Robinson Road, P.O. Box 1582, Singapore 903132
Country of Origin: BR
Dormer S904 Series MC-X Carbide Universal 4 Flute End Mills
Introducing the Dormer's multi-application MC-X solid carbide end mills cutters that are manufactured from micro-grain, high-quality carbide to provide increased hardness and toughness for excellent wear-resistance and long tool life. The flute geometry of the 4 flute cutters is capable of contouring (semi-finishing and finishing), profile milling, ramping and slotting operations. All the cutters are centre cutting and have a robust chamfer design on the end teeth to reduce chipping, particularly important on materials with low machinability. As the MC-X cutters are multi-application one tool can be used in many different materials, which helps to further reduce costs and inventory. Flutes designed for optimum tool life, good swarf evacuation and continuous, trouble-free machining operation.
Dormer S904 series MC-X Carbide 4 Flute End Mills are available in a range of sizes from 2 mm to 20 mm:
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 2.0 mm - 666-6681
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 2.5 mm - 666-6690
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 3.0 mm - 666-6693
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 4.0 mm - 666-6697
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 5.0 mm - 666-6707
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 6.0 mm - 666-6700
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 7.0 mm - 666-6704
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 8.0 mm - 666-6713
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 9.0 mm - 666-6716
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 10.0 mm - 666-6710
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 12.0 mm - 666-6729
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 14.0 mm - 666-6722
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 16.0 mm - 666-6726
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 18.0 mm - 666-6735
• S904 CARBIDE End Mill 20.0 mm - 666-6738
Features and Benefits:
• Micrograin carbide, with high hardness and toughness properties, for excellent wear resistance and long tool life
• Reinforced end teeth to reduce chipping, particularly important on materials with low machinability
• Flutes designed for good swarf evacuation and a continuous, trouble-free machining operation
• 30º right-hand helix
• Stable design for contouring (semi-finishing and finishing), ramping and slotting operations
• Bright finished surface
• Multi-application – one tool for milling in many materials, with the added benefit of reduced inventory
Approvals and Certification:
• Shank - DIN6535 HA
The end mill removes material by their movement within the milling machine or from the cutter’s shape. The number of flutes (spirals on the end mill) give different results e.g.:
• 2 flute design allows for more chip carrying capacity and is used primarily in slotting and pocketing non-ferrous materials
• 3 flute design have the same flute space as two flutes, but also have a larger cross-section for greater strength. They are used for pocketing and slotting ferrous and nonferrous materials.
• 4, 5, 6 and 8 flute designs allow for faster feed rates, but due to the reduced flute space, chip removal may be a problem. They produce a much finer finish than two and three flute tools. Ideal for peripheral and finish milling.
End mills are used for:
• side milling
• face milling,
• tracer milling,
• plunge milling
What is this end mill made from?
The MC-X series end mills from Dormer are manufactured from a high-quality carbide.
Are carbide end mills better than HSS?
Carbide end mills provide better rigidity and can be run 2-3X faster than HSS.
|Overall Length||63 mm|
|Cutter Diameter||7 mm|
|Cut Length||19 mm|
|Shank Diameter||8 mm|
Call +62 821 1892 1367
Need us find products for you?
Leave your contact details
and we'll get back to you shortly.